Buyer - Casual and Loungewear
Location: Wimbledon Head Office
Department: Buying and Merchandising
Born out of a love for lingerie, nightwear, swimwear and accessories, Boux Avenue brings traditional service, superior fit and outstanding quality to a modern and beautiful setting.
Customer’s in-store will experience a luxurious shopping haven, where they can receive free bra-fittings and fitting rooms with 3 different light settings and an intercom to communicate with the fitting experts.
No matter what your age, size or style, Boux Avenue is an inclusive brand for everybody. Available in sizes 28-40, A-G cups and sizes 6-18. With an unrivalled eye for detail and passion for customer service, Boux Avenue is your ultimate destination whether you’re looking for everyday essentials or something a little sexier.
We are currently looking for a buyer who wants a new challenge to join our dynamic brand. Focusing on casual and loungewear, you should come from a buying background within this field and within a retail environment. As a key member of the buying team you will be able to demonstrate commercial awareness, creativity, and a real passion for the brand.
Key responsibilities include:
- Good understanding of customer profile, product range & competitors
- Have an eye for like-minded products to introduce to the Boux Avenue brand
- Develop comprehensive understanding of the brand and keep up to date with current trends
- Have an analytical and forward thinking mind in order to introduce new products in line with our current products and trends
- Participate towards the development and implementation of new products
- Responsible for strategic planning and negotiating prices to ensure costs are in line with the budget
- Manage and develop strong relationships with current and potential suppliers
- Maximise profit and manage markdown spend to ensure it is kept to a minimum
- Ensure you are up to date on competitor activity
- Supervise, train and develop the team. Monitoring performance against their training programme, highlighting areas for improvement
- Provide support for all areas including trade meetings, margin, product development, samples, cost, delivery, approval of production and trend analysis
- Work closely with the merchandising team on strategic planning
- Manage the critical path chasing in development samples, carrying out approvals and fits and dealing with any queries, to ensure shipment dates are met and availability is maximised
- Input into cross functional activity as required e.g. retail operations, visual merchandising, e-com, and warehouse
- Attend supplier and trade fair visits
- Excellent analytical skills and be highly numerate
- Must have a supplier black book within these categories and a passion to develop & grow a new
- Strong negotiation & influencing skills
- Creative with design flair highly advantageous
- Background within multi channel buying, online essential
- A high level of computer literacy, including keyboard skills (Excel)
- Excellent communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- The ability to prioritise and react positively to working under pressure and with changing demands
- The personality/attributes to be adaptable, flexible, enthusiastic and to have an open minded approach
- A willingness to work together in a team and help others and ability to work independently to achieve team and individual goals
Are there any benefits?
In return you will be offered a competitive salary, good holiday entitlement, fun working environment with regular social events and some great benefits including generous discounts across the brands within Theo Paphitis Retail Group.