Senior Online Trade Manager
Location: Wimbledon Head Office
Department: Supply Chain
Who are we?
Born out of a love for lingerie, nightwear, swimwear and all things romantic, Boux Avenue brings traditional service, superior fit and outstanding quality to a modern and beautiful setting.
Customer’s in-store will experience a luxurious shopping haven, where they can receive free bra-fittings and fitting rooms with 3 different light settings and an intercom to communicate with the fitting experts.
No matter what your age, size or style, Boux Avenue is an inclusive brand for everybody. Available in sizes 28-40, A-G cups and sizes 6-18. With an unrivalled eye for detail and passion for customer service, Boux Avenue is your ultimate destination whether you’re looking for everyday essentials or something a little sexier.
What is the purpose of the role?
The role exists to maximise revenues by managing the product merchandising process, analysis of sales data, reporting performance, resolving website issues and helping to develop functionality and usability
What will your responsibilities be?
- Managing the Product Executive to ensure the maintenance of the product catalog from the photoshoot process to merchandising, remerchandising, analysis and reporting
- Work with Buying teams to ensure product can be added to the product catalog in a timely/efficient manner and launch timelines are understood for wider Ecom Team launches
- Work closely with Buying and Merchandising teams to understand Ecom stock requirements/product setup and gaps in range
- Working closely with the Digital Marketing Manager & CRM Manager to plan and create weekly/monthly website content calendar, providing analysis to help support product and content decisions these
- Working with Senior Digital Marketing Manager to ensure email briefs have right commercial focus & product
- Liaising with Web Designer to ensure creative is as per brief and as per site requirements
- Uploading new content and updating existing content on the site as required (e.g terms and conditions, new store openings)
- Managing the ecommerce assistant to ensure the timely upload of new website creative (e.g homepages, cat 1’s, cat 2’s etc)
- Managing the Product Executive and working with Head of Creative to ensure Ecom asset requirements are fed into photoshoots
- Lead ecommerce assistants to A/B test different types of onsite content and work with A/B testing agency on other initiatives
- Ensuring all online promotions are planned in the calendar and set up ahead of schedule, badging/promo codes are shown, correct exclusions are made/understand how promotion works with other onsite promotions
- Liaising with merchandising teams to co-ordinate in store and online promotions (inc Barcode setup)
- Troubleshooting promotional issues and, when necessary, liaising with IT department and merchandising teams to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Responsibility for testing all promotions work correctly before putting live
- Responsible for ensuring Junior Trade Manager/Assistant report on performance of promotions
- Daily/Hourly sales and margin analysis to inform decisions Eg Daily sales, Bestsellers, exit rates
- Producing weekly website performance reports and analysis for management trading meeting
- Producing ad-hoc analysis as required to support ecommerce and marketing teams
- Analysing and investigating user behaviour on the website and suggesting process improvements to increase conversion and reduce drop-off and bounce rates
- Understanding of Demand sales (Google Analytics) vs Processed Warehouse sales
- Basic understanding of Ecom p&l and associated variable costs, ownership of certain cost lines
- Support Ecom Director with budgeting and reforecasting over following months and key events
- Troubleshooting website/pricing/customer issues and, when necessary, liaising with IT department/back end agency/buying and merchandising teams to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Main point of contact to ensure any website change is relayed to Customer services and Warehouse
- Ensure Trade assistants merchandise site appropriately and aim to increase conversion (eg zero search, redirects)
- Understand/support deployment of standard platform updates and inherent platform tools (eg recommendations, reviews, onsite optimisation tools) that can increase onsite conversion, revenue to get the most out of the platform
- Working with the Ecommerce Director and Senior Change Manager to implement the development/A/B testing roadmap in order to improve the website:
- Best practice
- UX Designer
- Creating/signing off specifications for development changes to website and Ecommerce backend systems
- Acceptance testing development changes on test and live environments
- Support managing some external agencies and developers
- Liaison and communication with senior staff/board members and/or covering Trading meetings for Director
- Management and mentoring of Junior Trading team to develop their skills and knowledge in website management including backend systems, understanding/editing basic HTML, and web analytics (Google Analytics)
- Covering day to day work load of assistant during annual leave and sickness
- Deputising for Ecommerce Director to cover annual leave and sickness
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Experience in a fast fashion million pound online trading environment
- 4+ years’ hands-on experience in online retail preferably focussed on website operations
- Experience using web analytics e.g. Google Analytics and Business Intelligence tools
- Highly competent in use of Excel (comfortable with Vlookups, If functions etc)
- Experience of Content Management Systems/ Ecommerce platforms, Demandware / basic HTML knowledge a bonus
- Experience of defining requirements and managing web development projects
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work to multi-task and work to tight deadlines and to deliver actions
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with both internal stakeholders and external agencies
- Proven organisational skills, attention to detail
- The ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic environment
In return you will be offered a competitive salary, good holiday entitlement, fun working environment with regular social events and some great benefits including generous discounts across the brands within Theo Paphitis Retail Group.
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful at this time. We have exciting roles available all the time, so keep your eye on our website and apply for anything that interests you further.
In return you will be offered a competitive salary, good holiday entitlement, fun working environment with regular social events and some great benefits including generous discounts across the brands within Theo Paphitis Retail Group. Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful at this time. Do keep your eye on our website for any suitable roles in future and apply.