Department: Store Manager
Who are we?
Born out of a love for lingerie, nightwear, swimwear and all things romantic, Boux Avenue brings traditional service, superior fit and outstanding quality to a modern and beautiful setting.
Customer’s in-store will experience a luxurious shopping haven, where they can receive free bra-fittings and fitting rooms with 3 different light settings and an intercom to communicate with the fitting experts.
No matter what your age, size or style, Boux Avenue is an inclusive brand for everybody. Available in sizes 28-38, A-G cups and sizes 6-18. With an unrivalled eye for detail and passion for customer service, Boux Avenue is your ultimate destination whether you’re looking for everyday essentials or something a little sexier.
We are opening our newest store in Oxford this October and are looking to bring on a committed and passionate team to drive the launch. If you want to be part of this exciting opening and have what it takes to motivate the team, send your details through right away.
What will your duties be as store manager?
- Manage and motivate colleagues with training, feedback, delegation, local incentives and effective communication
- Demonstrate and establish the highest levels of customer service through our bra fitting experience to deliver the ultimate Boux Avenue shopping experience
- Build relationships with head office departments and openly network across the business
- Display a passion in the brand by being an ambassador; leading by example for the team to follow
- Maximise sales through the delivery of excellent selling and service
- Visual merchandising of the store showcasing a creative flair and an eye for fashion
- Efficient colleagues administration completed in a timely manner such as creating rotas, payroll and pay queries, starters, leavers, change in circumstances, uniform orders and training programme progress checks
- Plan ahead for scheduled events such as promotional changes utilising all team members and their skills ensuring consistent presentation standards
- Appraise staff regularly using the relevant assessment methods i.e. probationary and annual review
- Coach colleagues when there is a short fall in individual performance, conduct or time keeping and attendance and taking the appropriate performance management action if necessary as advised by line manager/HR Department
- Recruit colleagues as agreed with area manager using the competency interviewing format
- Complete and analyse all daily and weekly sales documentation reacting quickly to varying sales performance and trends and developing management teams understanding
- Except overall responsibility for security and loss prevention in store, with regards to compliance procedures in line with company policy
- Initiate new ideas for change within own area of responsibility and handle objections/obstacles to change in a positive manner
- Communicate targets to each colleague and store management through meetings, diaries and handovers
- Create an environment of mutual trust and respect and ensure that achievements are recognised and celebrated
- Results Focus - achieve goals, targets, provide excellent customer service and objectives in agreed deadlines
- Management Controls – ensure colleagues understand and carry out their key responsibilities, guarantee all tasks are effectively managed and completed, react to objectives and achieve business objectives
- Team Building – motivate the team and utilise their different qualities to enhance the overall effectiveness of the team
- Planning and Organising – effectively schedule and overcome obstacles and adjust plans as necessary, ensuring the right people are in the right place, at the right time
- Leadership and communication
- Colleague Development and Performance Management – train, coach and develop colleagues and take ownership for performance issues and manage conflict effectively. Take responsibility for recruitment and selection
In return you will be offered a competitive salary, good holiday entitlement, fun working environment with regular social events and some great benefits including generous discounts across the brands within Theo Paphitis Retail Group.