Department: Store Manager
Who are we?
Born out of a love for lingerie, nightwear, swimwear and all things romantic, Boux Avenue brings traditional service, superior fit and outstanding quality to a modern and beautiful setting.
Customer’s in-store will experience a luxurious shopping haven, where they can receive free bra-fittings and fitting rooms with 3 different light settings and an intercom to communicate with the fitting experts.
No matter what your age, size or style, Boux Avenue is an inclusive brand for everybody. Available in sizes 28-40, A-G cups and sizes 6-18. With an unrivalled eye for detail and passion for customer service, Boux Avenue is your ultimate destination whether you’re looking for everyday essentials or something a little sexier.
What will your duties be as store manager?
- Drive and deliver objectives and provide effective and timely feedback to the team
- Except overall responsibility for security and loss prevention in store, with regards to compliance procedures in line with company policy
- Complete and analyse all daily and weekly sales documentation reacting quickly to varying sales performance and trends, developing management teams understanding
- Demonstrate and establish the highest levels of customer service, add on sales and bra fitting experience through thorough training and coaching of colleagues to deliver the ultimate Boux Avenue shopping experience
- Ensure monies are secured and banked and security checks are carried out to reduce the risk of loss
- Efficient colleagues administration completed in a timely manner such as payroll and pay queries, starters, leavers, change in circumstances, uniform orders and training programme progress checks
- Motivate colleagues with feedback, training, delegation, local incentives and effective communication. Seeking advice from line manager/HR Department if unsure of the techniques
- Get involved with fund raising, charity work and network professionally
- Initiate new ideas for change within own area of responsibility and handle objections/obstacles to change in a positive manner
- Communicate targets to each colleague and store management through meeting, diaries and handovers
- Report sales and business performance to area manager and attend meetings as required
- Build relationships with head office departments and openly network across the business
- Use rotas effectively and in advance
- Plan ahead for scheduled events such as promotional changes utilising all team members and their skills ensuring consistent presentation standards
- Process and clear deliveries and faulty stock promptly and in a timely manner
- Maintain an efficient housekeeping, cleaning and a robust replenishment system in place
- Create an environment of mutual trust and respect and ensure that achievements are recognised and celebrated
- Appraise staff regularly using the relevant assessment methods i.e. probationary and annual review
- Lead by example through promptness, attendance and personal presentation standards
- Assist the business when required to support store openings, training, disciplinary and problem solving meetings as well as local store issues
- Recruit colleagues as agreed with Area Manager using the competency interviewing format
- Succession plan for the future to build a talent pool for progression within the business
- To coach colleagues when there is a short fall in individual performance, conduct or time keeping and attendance and taking the appropriate performance management action if necessary as advised by line manager/ HR Department
- Deal with under performance through the correct procedures in a confident and timely manner
- Results Focus - achieve goals, targets, provide excellent customer service and objectives in agreed deadlines
- Management Controls – ensure colleagues understand and carry out their key responsibilities, guarantee all tasks are effectively managed and completed, react to objectives and achieve business objectives
- Team Building – motivate the team and utilise their different qualities to enhance the overall effectiveness of the team
- Planning and Organising – effectively schedule and overcome obstacles and adjust plans as necessary, ensuring the right people are in the right place, at the right time
- Leadership and communication
- Colleague Development and Performance Management – train, coach and develop colleagues and take ownership for performance issues and manage conflict effectively. Take responsibility for recruitment and selection