Swimwear and Sportswear Designer
Location: Wimbledon Head Office
Department: Buying and Merchandising
Who are we?
Born out of a love for lingerie, nightwear, swimwear and all things romantic, Boux Avenue brings traditional service, superior fit and outstanding quality to a modern and beautiful setting.
Customer’s in-store will experience a luxurious shopping haven, where they can receive free bra-fittings and fitting rooms with 3 different light settings and an intercom to communicate with the fitting experts.
No matter what your age, size or style, Boux Avenue is an inclusive brand for everybody. Available in sizes 28-40, A-G cups and sizes 6-18. With an unrivalled eye for detail and passion for customer service, Boux Avenue is your ultimate destination whether you’re looking for everyday essentials or something a little sexier.
What are we looking for?
Our brand vision is to be the leading lingerie & nightwear experts in the UK market. As we evolve our business into a design-led brand, we currently have some really exciting opportunities across senior level to design level roles. You will work closely with the Buying team and suppliers to translate our collections into a truly considered and unique Boux Avenue handwriting, to ensure we excite and desire our customer. These roles at Boux Avenue promise a fast-paced, fun, innovative and challenging working environment.
What do you need?
- 4-6 years of swimwear and sportswear design
- Strong fashion swimwear and technical sports knowledge
- Highly creative in fashion athleisure and sports sector
- Highly creative in the swimwear sector
- Ability to design fashion statement & commercial collections to a specific brief with seasonal appropriate designs
- Strong range building experience along with buying teams are required
- Strong ability to drive collections forward in workshop sessions with the Buying and Merchandising teams with data analysis, customer research and trend direction
- Working in-line with the brands strategy to evolve product with Buying and Merchandising teams to translate brand right commercial collections
- A strong understanding of Global trend & Colour forecasting
- Ability to translate from catwalk trends into strong commercial swimwear & sportswear collections in-line with our Boux Avenue’s brand DNA and handwriting
- Highly skilled and detailed in specification technical packs for the suppliers
- Good understanding of customer and competitive markets
- Continuous fashion trend & colour up dates
- A considered eye for technical sports detail, and fabric forecasting/development
- Quick response to emerging trends
- Strong eye for colour and shape, appetite for design influences
- Travel required for suppliers & inspirational trips
- Ability to work close to suppliers with forecasting trend and fabrication direction
- Ability to work with suppliers on developing product along with buyers
What are we looking for?
- Skilled in relevant fashion swimwear & sportswear product
- Fashion background and fashion degree required
- Strong understanding of emerging trends and new shapes for the swim & sportswear sector
- Strong creative thinker and ability to create statement driven collections for key influencers and our core customers
- Mac skilled, Photoshop and Illustrator required
- Ability to translate trends and designs into our Boux Avenue handwriting and customer needs
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate confidently and passionately at all levels
- Ability to work in under pressure and to a fixed critical path
- Great team player and passionate to develop skill
In return you will be offered a competitive salary, good holiday entitlement, fun working environment with regular social events and some great benefits including generous discounts across the brands within Theo Paphitis Retail Group.
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful at this time. Do keep your eye on our website for any suitable roles in future and apply accordingly.
In return you will be offered a competitive salary, good holiday entitlement, fun working environment with regular social events and some great benefits including generous discounts across the brands within Theo Paphitis Retail Group. Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful at this time. Do keep your eye on our website for any suitable roles in future and apply.