Junior Management Accountant
Location: Wimbledon Head Office
Department: Finance (including Payroll)
Who are we?
Born out of a love for lingerie, nightwear, swimwear and all things romantic, Boux Avenue brings traditional service, superior fit and outstanding quality to a modern and beautiful setting.
Customer’s in-store will experience a luxurious shopping haven, where they can receive free bra-fittings and fitting rooms with 3 different light settings and an intercom to communicate with the fitting experts.
No matter what your age, size or style, Boux Avenue is an inclusive brand for everybody. Available in sizes 28-40, A-G cups and sizes 6-18. With an unrivalled eye for detail and passion for customer service, Boux Avenue is your ultimate destination whether you’re looking for everyday essentials or something a little sexier.
What is the role?
This role is based in the Wimbledon office, but split across 2 parts of the Theo Paphitis Retail Group: the Boux Avenue brand and the Group company itself.
Boux Avenue:to assist with the production of the management accounts and budgets for the Boux Avenue brand.
TPRG:to assist with the production and submission of the Corporation Tax returns and Statutory Accounts
What will your duties be?
- All Fixed and Property costs (e.g. rent, rates), compiling and posting accruals and prepayments and balance sheet recs
- Variance analysis and regular reviews with budget holders for relevant cost areas
- Capex reporting including depreciation (links with tax below)
- National Statistic Office form completion
- Budget and year-end audit assistance
- Carrier bag monitoring, submissions and charges
- Review of areas e.g. charitable donations, legal, repairs and sundry (links with tax/submissions below)
- Supporting the Management Accountant role
- Data analysis including capital allowances (e.g. repairs, legal and other tax sensitive areas)
- Assistance with statutory accounts
- Cover for carrier bag and other regulatory submissions
- Assistance with IFRS16 (Leasing) data gathering project
- Supporting the Head of Group Accounting role
- Actively studying part qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA) with strong technical accounting skills.
- Ability to work to tight timescales whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Ideally have experience of the retail sector.
- High level of spreadsheet ability essential for data manipulation (e.g. lookup functions, pivot tables).
- Good communication skills with the confidence and credibility to interact with colleagues at all levels
In return you will be offered a competitive salary, good holiday entitlement, fun working environment with regular social events and some great benefits including generous discounts across the brands within Theo Paphitis Retail Group.